The Administrative Palace was built in 1872-1874 by architect Ferenc Pekar and it currently houses the town hall. It is located at 200 m from the hotel.
The building is one of the significant works of eclectic architecture in Arad.
The regular facades are animated by classical elements as the building is today declared a historic monument.
The building is impressive, it has a “U” shape and a central tower 54 m high. The clock tower is made in Switzerland, and at fixed hours sings “Ode to Joy” by Ludwig van Beethoven.
The hall of buliding has windows decorated with stained glass representing the seasons, allegorically represented.
The square in front of the Administrative Palace was named Revolution Square in memory of those who fought in december 1989.