The Water Tower was built by architect Miklós Ybl. The architect used as an inspiration the architectural elements of medieval castles. It has a height of 35 meters and was inaugurated in 1896 for the city’s water supply. Moreover, it was erected near the barracks of firefighters because it was used also for reporting fires. At the moment of its creation, it was the tallest building in the city. It is situated at about 2.5 km away from the hotel.